Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rotorua Half Iron, 6th F, fastest female run split!

Okay, you know when you walk away from a race feeling totally chuffed with your own race performance? Oh yes, plenty of things to work on in future training, but in general you fucking NAILED that race and oh baby yes it felt good!!

That was the Rotorua half iron tri for me last weekend. I was 6th F overall, with the fastest female run split on the day. 3rd AG F 20-29. STOKED.

Photo credit: Scottie T Photography
Swim: Swam somewhere in the top 10 girls, with some really sweet drafting behind this beautiful looking swimmer. 31:39. No idea if the course was long or short, but it was beautiful!


Bike: Mega clusterfuck. My brakes weren't working properly (forgot to swap brake pads to carbon braking surface ones), squealing like crazy as well, then my torpedo mount bottle cage broke so I was holding it in with my left arm for 60k, riding hesitantly and crazily. Only good thing is that I passed shit loads of people on the uphills. Still a good 10min slower than what I could have done on this hilly course (960m elev gain for 90k). 3:16 (includes T1/2, so I rode 3:10, and should have been 3:00?). Much to work on for cycling as it continues to be the weakest of my 3 disciplines. Except for the uphills it seems!
Run: SWEEEEEET. Another hilly course, off-road too: my fave! Beautiful running alongside Blue Lake and Green Lake. Really just aimed to crush as many people as possible. Successfully done, too! Fastest female run split of the day: 1:44:39, a half marathon PB for me on a course that doesn't exactly cater to PBs -- it had 430m elev gain.

Next up: training my way all the way up to Challenge Wanaka full-iron. Hometown race!

No comments:

Post a Comment